Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May post

May came quickly and is ending quickly. Wow.

The high school crew season is now over. I love it, but phew. I have time to workout again and time to harass Kyle.
Of course it couldn't end without some proper drama to make it memorable. However, I am quite pleased with the end results, which are:

Nikki, my senior captain was chosen as Sportswoman of the year, which is a huge award. Fingers crossed for something in a national newspaper.
At Stotesbury, the largest high school regatta in the world (shout out to Philly), my ladies placed in the top 16, for the first time in school history. Gotta love it.
The women made the Final at every regatta, except for one - which is also a step up from last year. A lot to build on and a lot of girls returning = a solid senior boat.

These high notes make me remember why I do it and how much I love it.

The drama mentioned above should be ending properly today, but it sure put a damper to the start of my week.

My morning master's program that I coach is well into the season and we've had a few good rows here and there. It is vastly different from the high school programs. One guy in particular has been giving me a tough time, but hopefully today was also the beginning of his cooperation.
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." Appropriate for today.
Our first race is a week from this weekend.

On another note, I was offered a full-time contract at the school where I work for Honors Language Arts (holla Colleen). I will brush up on some literature this coming summer.

Life is interesting as always, although not in the dating department as some have asked. Quote Drake, "I'm doing me. I'm living life right now man, and this what Ima do til it's over, til it's over, now it's far from over."
I guess there's a time and a place for everything though, so patience is my virtue that I am focusing on at the moment, which is also not unusual for me.

I hope everyone reading this is enjoying life and staying healthy and happy.

My next post will surely be in June.

Song of the moment:
Jack Sparrow by The Lonely Island
Falling In by Lifehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment